Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Conservatives Blast McCain

In case anybody thinks that my posts here are all just my biased opinion, they should know that many conservatives and Republicans are jumping off the McCain/Palin bandwagon and some are even brave enough to denounce their inflammatory rhetoric. Here are their own words.

Joshua Trevino, co-founder of RedState.com, wrote on his blog:

Do I believe in John McCain? Not as much as I used to. Do I believe in Sarah Palin? Despite my early enthusiasm for her, now not at all. Do I believe in the national Republican Party? Not in the slightest — even though I see no meaningful alternative to it.


Bill Kristol:

It’s time for John McCain to fire his campaign. He has nothing to lose. His campaign is totally overmatched by Obama’s... ...The McCain campaign, once merely problematic, is now close to being out-and-out dysfunctional. Its combination of strategic incoherence and operational incompetence has become toxic.


Republican Congressman Ray LaHood on Sarah Palin:

Look it. This doesn't befit the office that she's running for. And frankly, people don't like it.


Republican Michelle Laxalt on Larry King Live:

I'm sorry. This is not the Republican Party that Bill Buckley, that Paul Laxalt, that Ronald Reagan raised me on. And I don't believe the American people like this kind of dirty politics. If they can't win fair and square, they shouldn't trash the other guy.


Lincoln Chafee, a former Republican U.S. senator from Rhode Island:

Sen. Obama is the first Democrat I've ever voted for... ...As he geared up for this 2008 election, it became a different John McCain who was pandering to the base. That's what McCain is doing: dividing this country.


National Federation of Filipino-American Republicans founder Perry Diaz:

I endorsed McCain before the California primary believing that he was the right man for the job. I was wrong. His selection of Sarah Palin as his running mate and his decision a few days ago to resort to personal attacks on Obama's character and integrity run counter to my personal beliefs and core values. I have lost my respect for McCain and I believe that a McCain/Palin administration would only worsen the economic situation in the country.


Washington Post columnist George Will:

Under the pressure of the financial crisis, one presidential candidate is behaving like a flustered rookie playing in a league too high. It is not Barack Obama... ...It is arguable that, because of his inexperience, Obama is not ready for the presidency. It is arguable that McCain, because of his boiling moralism and bottomless reservoir of certitudes, is not suited to the presidency. Unreadiness can be corrected, although perhaps at great cost, by experience. Can a dismaying temperament be fixed?


Former Republican Governor of Michigan William Milliken, who endorsed McCain during the primaries:

He is not the McCain I endorsed. He keeps saying, 'Who is Barack Obama?' I would ask the question, 'Who is John McCain?' because his campaign has become rather disappointing to me. I'm disappointed in the tenor and the personal attacks on the part of the McCain campaign, when he ought to be talking about the issues.


Former Repbulican governor of Wisconsin Tommy Thompson - When asked if he was happy with McCain's campaign he replied:

“No,” and he added, “I don’t know who is.”


National Review columnist Christopher Buckley endorses Obama:

This campaign has changed John McCain. It has made him inauthentic. A once-first class temperament has become irascible and snarly; his positions change, and lack coherence; he makes unrealistic promises, such as balancing the federal budget “by the end of my first term.” Who, really, believes that?


Conservative columnist Kathleen Parker:

Palin filibusters. She repeats words, filling space with deadwood. Cut the verbiage and there’s not much content there... ...If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself... ...Only Palin can save McCain, her party, and the country she loves. She can bow out for personal reasons, perhaps because she wants to spend more time with her newborn. No one would criticize a mother who puts her family first. Do it for your country.

No comments: