Tuesday, August 18, 2009

AL.com is Guilty of Censorship

Recently I've been taking the truth to the people in al.com's politics forums. It has been a daunting task as the vast majority of people who post there are right-wingers who promote any and every lie being told about the Obama administration and Democrats with ZERO facts to back up their delusional opinions. I have always conducted myself in an appropriate manner and followed the website's policies without deviation.

However, It didn't take long before my posts, and only my posts, were being deleted for no reason other than some moderator obviously didn't like what I had to say. Today my account was disabled. My crime? Setting the record straight on the common lie that health care reform legislation will supply free health care to illegal immigrants. I was even able to find a blatantly right-wing news source to support the fact that both the House and Senate versions of the bills actually prohibit subsidies to illegal aliens, but the al.com forum moderators can not handle the truth.

Apparently, if you're liberal you get censored and banned, but if you're a wingnut - any crazy conspiracy theory you want to write about, regardless of facts, is perfectly okay. Not only that, but the wingers frequently use childish name calling and rarely engage in anything even vaguely resembling civil discourse. It is clearly obvious that al.com does not want any dissent from the right-wing talking points, propaganda and lies that are the only opinions allowed on their forums. In their forums it is practically North Korea - not the America where our right to freedom of speech is held dear and they should be ashamed of themselves!

3 comments:

Garry said...

Do a Google Search of "al.com censorship," you will find you are not alone. Welcome to real world fellow citizen and Googler!

All Seeing Eye said...

Thanks Garry, I have seen other accounts of their censorship and I wanted to make sure that my experience made it on the record as well.

Garry said...

The censorship continues - a disturbing trend uncovered, evidence presented. http://arklite.blogspot.com/2014/05/alcom-and-advance-digital-support-right.html